Friday 8 February 2008

Slippery little sucker

It's really hot here in Cape Town and I'm up to my eyeballs in trying to get the new forum on-line so I'm afraid yet another kagamibuta from last year is all I've got time for right now. It's the same sort of size as the others, 4cm across. Iron ground, gold and shibuichi snail and a mother of pearl shell. The bowl is black walnut. I'll have to get round to transfering the images I have stored on the laptop in the studio over to this pc, then I can keep 'em coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ford, I'm very impressed with your work and thank you for showing us the way these pieces are created. I live in the USA but I am going to be in Europe and South Africa during March. I would be most grateful if we could get together so that I can see some of your work first hand. Would it be possible to arrange a viewing and to let me have some idea of the pieces that you may have available at that time?
Kind regards, LB

Ford Hallam said...

hello LB,

I'm afraid most of my work is in London or Japan. You could contact me privately, through this email address; tsubaman@gmail.com
I'd be happy to meet up and perhaps show you my studio and any work I have in progress. Thank you for your interest. regards, Ford